Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tales of Monkey Island - Rise of the Pirate God

The season finally was released December 9th a few weeks later than promised, since the original release date was somewhere in November. Never the less, I would rather have a polished, delayed game than an unpolished, at the time game.

In this last episode we start out trapped, but not in a normal sence...
That's right. Our beloved hero Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate™ is dead, killed by the evil pirate LeChuck. After you rise to the occasion (Get it? He's dead, and rises from his grave...) and become Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Ghost Pirate™. Your goal in this last chapter is to find your way in the Crossroads and rise from the dead to defeat LeChuck who is holding your beloved Elaine. Luckily the deceased, but still lovely, Morgan is there to help. Also, a four-legged companion will help you on your way back to the living.

I'm not going to spoil too much of the story, but I will say that this episode closses the season in a beautiful way. Many didn't like the Tales of Monkey Island, but I really did enjoy myself playing through all the episodes.

Through out this last episode (and also episode 4) I took screenshots to put up on my Gaming Screenshots page (Note: If you haven't played the game, and plan on it, don't watch the screenshots.).

No comments:

Post a Comment