Monday, July 27, 2009

Game #150 on Steam

I just bought my 150th game on Steam some days ago. It ended up being the first person shooter game TimeShift for 14,99€ (25% off).


Not really a bad game, but a bit too linear for my taste. The game would actually not be very good (keeping in mind it's from late 2007) if it wasn't for you special ability - you can alter time to your likings. You can slow down and stop time. You can even rewind the time for a short while. This puts the game in another lighting - with this ability the game isn't just a standard FPS, because throught out the game you'll have to use you time changing abilities to solve a few puzzles. Also, it's always funny to stop time, charge in, shoot a few people in the head, start time again and see them thrown back. You can also steal their weapons when the time is stopped, which can be fun, but you drop the weapon you are holding doing so, and their weapons is often worse than yours.

The plot in the game is quite hard to follow from time to time, and from a quick Google search I could see I'm not the only one with this problem. This is really a shame, because, imo, the plot in a game is the most important thing. They could have spent a little more time making the plot more obvious.

All bad things aside, I had a fun time playing through the game, which took me about 6-7 hours. If I should grade I would give it a 7/10 (I would give it a 6 had I payed full prize).

No comments:

Post a Comment